LLM in Law and Business
Our LLM program is open to students from all over the world who have successfully completed a graduate degree in law. Practical and interdisciplinary, our program provides students with the toolsthey need to succeed in the competitive environment of international business law.
The HEAD LLM is an elite program that offers business law courses co-taught by leading professors from the French universities and legal practitioners. These law courses are combined with related subjects such as economics, finance and humanities. A special emphasis is placed on global studies and professional savoir-faire. It is a unique program that opens doors to the best international law firms as well as to in-house legal functions in multinational firms and organizations.
Our LLM in Law and Business program is offered entirely in English.
Courses may be held either on the HEAD school premises, 120 rue La fayette 75010 Paris, or, with the approval of the school administration, at the offices of an instructor, which may be, for example, at a law firm or other organization. Courses may also be held virtually, whether at the discretion of the school administration, or in compliance with sanitary or health requirements that may be imposed by a governmental authority from time to time.
- Familiarize yourself with different legal systems
- Acquire an understanding of the global business world
- Prepare yourself for a professional environment
- Gain a competitive edge over your peers
- Develop your network
- Discover a different culture
Testimony of Christopher L. Baker, Former Member of the New York and Paris Bars, co-founder of the HEAD school:
« I know of no other programs that are so focused on developing the practical skills and understanding essential to a successful carrier in legal services, while also relentlessly pursuing intellectual rigor and academic excellence. »
We invite you to download the following application form.
Then fill in the application form, attach required documents and send the application with the attached documents by email to the Head of International Development at HEAD, Joan Betti : email@example.com.
We work on a rolling admission system so it is best to apply asearly as possible.
Program of study
The LLM in Law and Business Program is comprised of a wide range of classes aimed at providing students with a rich mix of technical and non-technical skills necessary to a successful legal career in the international business environment.
These courses have been carefully selected not only to enhance the student’s professional readiness, but also to satisfy the requirements necessary to obtain the certification Business Lawyer”, Level 7, registered at the Répertoire National des Certifications (« RNCP ») under number 34694.
Entry requirements : open to law graduates
- 9 months + 6 months of professional experience*
- approximately 500 hours (including examinations)
Rhythm : Full time
Academic calendar :
- October 2021 intake : from Tuesday, October 5, 2021 to the end of June/beginning of July 2022
- January 2022 intake : from Tuesday, January 11, 2022 to mid-January 2023
Language : english
Diploma and certification :
- To be eligible for a diploma from HEAD, a student must successfully complete at least 60 ECTS credit hours.
- To obtain the RNCP certification of “Business Lawyer”, Level 7 (« Juriste d’affaires », niveau 7) a student must, by virtue of the courses taken, the Professional Experience and Professional Report, receive credit in each of the required competences and skills.
Accessibility for people with disabilities : yes
You can contact our disability advisor to express your specific needs : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about our disability measures et specificities.
** If a student so chooses, it is possible to successfully complete the requirements necessary to obtain the internationally recognized LLM diploma from HEAD without completing all of the requirements necessary for the RNCP certification (for example, a student may successfully complete the credit load and other requirements necessary for the HEAD diploma, and forego the Professional Experience or Professional Report requirement necessary for RNCP certification.) More information regarding this option is available from the school administration.
Courses addressing the core legal concepts included in the LLM in Law and Business Program make up approximately 40% of the courses in the program (Block Mastering the Law). The remainder of the program (Blocks 1 to 5) is made up of courses that are divided into the 5 Blocks, and the competences covered are described below.
BLOCK Mastering the Law : Business Law
- International Contract Law
- French Contract Law
- Acquisition Contracts
- Industrial Property in the Digital Age: Patents, Licenses and Building an IP Portfolio
- M&A and IP
- Data and the Law
- Competition and the Regulation of the Telecom Industry
- Litigation in the Digital Sector
- International Tax Strategies
- Merger Control, Cartels and Abuse of a Dominant Position
- M&A Transactions
Learn more about the training :
BLOCK 1 : Informing and advertising clients about legal issues
- Professional Experience
- Professional Experience Report
- Defense of Professional Experience Report
- Legal Research and French Methodology
BLOCK 2 : Preparing legal documents, and ensuring their proper execution
- Contract Management
- Contract Negotiation
- Contract Drafting in English
- American Business Associations
BLOCK 3 : Prevention of risk and accompagning clients through compliance procedures
- The Fundamentals of the Corporate Duty of Vigilance
BLOCK 4 : Defending a client's interests and managing disputes and litigation
- Moot Court in Arbitration
- International Commercial and Investment Arbitration
- The Art of Persuasion
BLOCK 5 : Coordinating a legal practice
- English Communication Skills
- French communication skills
- The HEAD Law School Community
- Mentorship and Professional Development
- Marketing for Lawyers
- Conducting an Efficient Business Strategy
- Reading Financial Statements and Financial Analysis in the Anglo-Saxon World
- Leadership and Management
Our added values
- Programs focused on both the Common Law and Civil Law Systems
- Interdisciplinary curriculum (Law and Business Courses)
- Practical courses and learning experiences (Law Clinic, Moot Court…)
- Networking opportunities (including with mentors, almuni, lecturers…)
- Diverse cultural and professionnal oppourtunities
- Business Lawyer
- Banking Lawyer
- Legal counsel
- Contract Manager
HEAD provides a great exposure to all the students, as it is a great place to build network with the leading professionals of France. Regular interactions with these professionals in classes and in conferences has been very helpful in understanding the practical working environment in law firms and a companies and the approach to find the solution to a legal problem by using the practical skills.
Shilpa Anand, India, Alumna promotion 2014-2015
Mis à jour le 17 septembre 2021